Dr. Hill has been a veterinarian in Fresno for over 35 years. Her goal has always been to have a practice that cares about the welfare of its clients and their patient and honors the love and spirit that the owners feel for their pets. She has always tried to remain a small, non corporate practice, with a close knit nursing team that is focused and engaged with each client and pet that enters her hospital. You will always see the same Dr. and usually the same veterinarian team for each visit. They will remember you and your pet and all will be actively involved in their needs and their healing process.
Our facility is very modern with the latest of state of the art equipment and technology and a staff that is well trained. We treat dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, guinea pigs, rats, mice and other pocket pets. Below are some of the services that we offer.
- Physical Examinations – our physical examinations are thorough. Dr. will do a complete exam from the tip of their nose to the tip of the tail (if there is one). She will discuss nutrition, behavior, care and management along with any medical needs the patient may need.
- Immunizations – Dr. Hill uses only the finest quality, latest technology vaccines and feels they are essential to the prevention of disease in your pets so they can live long healthy, happy lives. She uses only vaccines deemed necessary.
- Kitten and Puppy Packages – we probably have about the most comprehensive and best priced kitten and puppy packages in town. Call one of our friendly receptionists and let us go over them with you. We want to get your new pet started with an excellent program making you aware of genetic predisposition ailments.
- Microchipping – this is a quick and painless injection of a small identification devise under your pets’ skin that will link you to your pet if he/she is ever lost. We also have a scanner to identify microchipped pets. This can prevent heartbreak.
- Laboratory – our lab has the latest in diagnostic equipment. We can run in house chemistries, complete blood counts, urinalysis, clotting times, heartworm and tick panels, fecals, FELV/FIV and many other tests to help diagnose your pet’s condition. We send other blood work to a veterinary diagnostic laboratory and usually have the results before 10:00 am the next morning.
- Digital Radiography – this gives us the highest quality of imaging. X-rays can show many abnormalities to help make a diagnosis. We have a consulting radiologist who comes in on a regular basis to read radiographs, consult with doctor and perform special tests.
- Ultrasound – this allows us to view internal organs and diagnose many problems without anesthesia and invasive exploratory surgery. This technology uses sound waves to make pictures of the patients’ insides.
- Endoscopy – gives Dr. the advantage of looking inside the esophagus, stomach, windpipe and intestinal tract with a fiberoptic tube and optical lenses. We also visualize the trachea and bronchi and perform tracheal washes. Scoping the oral cavity and nose can help remove foreign bodies, instill medication, and perform cytologies or histopathologies looking for structural problems, fungal and tumor abnormalities.
- Dentistry – Dr. believes that dental health is very important to the overall health of your pet. We have monthly non-anesthetic dental days at a very affordable price where we perform routine cleanings and get rid of plaque and tartar that quickly builds up. For more serious dental problems, we may need to take dental x-rays or perform dental surgery. We are equipped with the latest high speed dental drills hand pieces for ultrasound cleanings, sub gingival cleanings and teeth polishing and tooth extraction.
- Surgery – we have a modern surgery room equipped with state of the art equipment. We use inhalant anesthetics and monitor the heart, ECG, blood pressure, body temperature, carbon dioxide and oxygen pulsimetry throughout the surgery to ensure your pet a safe and stable anesthesia. We also have a consulting board certified veterinary surgeon that visits our hospital and performs many of our orthopedic surgeries and surgeries requiring knowledge at the board certified level.
- Pharmacy- we have our own pharmacy on site where we carry most of the medications needed to treat your pets. Prescriptions are filled before you leave the hospital and if you need a refill, just call our friendly staff and your prescription will be ready to pick up within 24 hours. We have a consulting compounding pharmacy for special needs.
- DNA Testing – we do canine genetic testing that detects breeds in your dog’s ancestry back to his great grandparents. When we understand your pet’s ancestry we are able to creatively customize the most effective training, nutrition and medical treatment for your pet.
One of the most common remarks we get from our clients is “It’s so peaceful in here”. We keep our hospital immaculate and work to promote our Healing Center for Animals. Whether your visit has been a routine physical, an emergency, a surgery, or another procedure, our goal is to be caring, thorough, focused, and to give you the highest quality of care available.
We accept payment via cash, check, MasterCard, or Visa, Discover, American Express & Debit. We do not extend credit or provide payment plans, however, we do utilize CareCredit for those that are interested in extended payment options. So that we can continue to provide you high quality service utilizing the best medical technologies, we require that payment be made at the time services are rendered.
We provide estimates for all surgeries and hospitalizations. If you have not received an estimate, you are welcome to request one at any time for your expected charges.
We also Offer Convenient Monthly Payment Plans through Care Credit.